These Vegan Lobster Rolls couldn't be any more special!
The secret to a fast and delicious vegan lobster is to use hearts of palm. It is easy to find in most stores and really inexpensive. The texture is meaty and the flavor has almost a mild artichoke-like taste. If you'd like, add in simple and clean flavors such as celery and red onion to round out the lobster roll salad filling. Then all you need is simple seasoning. Scoop into a toasted top-split hot dog bun before enjoying!
Vegan Lobster Rolls
Makes 2 sandwiches
- 1 (15 oz) can hearts of palm, drained & roughly chopped
- 1 stick of celery, diced (optional)
- 1/4 small red onion, diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- zest of 1/2 small lemon (optional)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- lettuce & two butter toasted top-split buns, for serving
- paprika, for garnish (optional)
Combine all ingredients, except lettuce and buns, in a bowl. Mix lightly to combine. Place a piece of lettuce in the bun and fill with half of the filling. Fill the other roll and sprinkle with paprika if desired.