So simple and easy, this Cheater's Chicken Tortilla Soup is THE weeknight meal! All the flavor, none of the work!
For those cold nights you want something comforting and flavorful, this soup is perfect. With only five ingredients, customize this easy soup with whatever veggies, beans, or spices you like. Serve with easy toppings, such as tortilla chips and pico de gallo, and dinner couldn't be easier.
Cheater's Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat picked (skin & bones discarded)
- 1 (32 oz) carton chicken broth
- 1 (24 oz) jar smooth salsa
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (14 oz) bag frozen corn
- salt & pepper, to taste if needed
- tortilla chips
- shredded cheddar cheese
- plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- diced avocado
- fresh pico de gallo
- fresh cilantro
To a pot, add the chicken, chicken broth, salsa, black beans, and corn. Stir to combine and season to taste. Bring to a simmer, and cook for about 15, or until hot and the flavors have melded together.