So delicious and special, this Crispy Baked Potato Chip Crusted Goat Cheese Salad with Oil-Free Applesauce Dressing is addictive.
Crispy Baked Potato Chip Crusted Goat Cheese Salad with Oil-Free Applesauce Dressing
Potato Chip Crusted Goat Cheese Inspiration: Heartbeet Kitchen
Oil-Free Applesauce Dressing Inspiration: Forks over Knives
- 4 (1 oz) goat cheese medallions, cold
- 1 (4 oz) bag potato chips, finely crushed in a bowl
- 1 egg, beaten in a small bowl
- washed & dried salad greens, as desired
- pomegranate seeds, as desired for serving
- about a tablespoon of hemp hearts, for serving (optional)
Oil-Free Applesauce Dressing
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon mild miso
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
For the goat cheese, dip the medallions into the egg, then into the crushed chips. Place on a sheet pan and continue until all medallions are coated. Freeze for 30 minutes.
For the dressing, add all the ingredients to a wide mouth jar. Using a immersion blender, blend until smooth. Taste for seasoning and adjust, adding salt/pepper/maple syrup, if needed.
Preheat the oven to 375 F and bake the goat cheese for about 8 minutes, then turn the oven to broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Add the salad greens to a bowl and toss with as much dressing as desired. Divide among 4 serving plates. Top with a goat cheese round and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and hemp hearts. Enjoy!