There is so much flavor in this simple, but delicious pasta salad. Using a kale slaw mix makes it so easy. The slaw I used had carrots, red cabbage, and, of course, kale. Of course, if you'd prefer to slice the vegetables all yourself, look for fresh and colorful veggies for this salad.
Asian Noodle Salad
Inspired by The Pioneer Woman
- 1 (13 oz) package kale slaw mix (included carrots, red cabbage, and kale)
- 1 (12 oz) box thin spaghetti (I used whole wheat)
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup peanuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup parsley or cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or honey (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- sriracha, to taste
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water after draining to stop the cooking.
Add all the dressing ingredients to a jar. Screw the lid on tightly and shake.
Add the cooked, cooled pasta to a large bowl along with the slaw mix, scallions, cucumber, bell pepper, peanuts, and herbs. Toss to combine. Coat with dressing.
Chill the salad for at least 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!