These simple and flavorful Sweet Pepper Poppers are a perfect for game day, lunch time, or even a holiday get together!
*Don't be like me! - please grate your own cheddar cheese. Do not use the pre-shredded cheese you had your boyfriend pick up for you on his way home. It (obviously) doesn't melt very well!
Sweet Pepper Poppers
Makes 24 Poppers
- 12 mini bell peppers, washed & dried
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened (I used Nuefchatel)
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried italian seasoning
- red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 425 F and spray a sheet pan lightly with cooking spray.
Cut the peppers in half lengthwise. Clean out any membranes and seeds. Set aside.
In a bowl, add the cream cheese, lemon zest & juice, garlic, parmesan, green onions, italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and salt & pepper. Mix until well combined.
Fill each pepper half with the filling. Arrange on the sheet pan and sprinkle with a little cheddar. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until slightly browned and bubbly. Allow to set on the sheet pan for a few moments before serving.