You'd never guess there's zucchini in these Gooey Zucchini Brownies!
These easy to make brownies are made in one bowl. Six ingredients plus a little vanilla extract and salt are all you need for these gooey brownies. This brownie recipe is a classic, just changed up with the addition of the zucchini.
To cut these brownies into nice pieces, cool them completely then refrigerate until solid. Then slice into pieces.
Gooey Zucchini Brownies
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used half dark chocolate, half semi sweet)
- 1 cup squeezed, shredded zucchini (about two small; squeeze the zucchini dry before measuring)
- 1 cup white granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a 8x8" or 9x9" baking dish.
Add the coconut oil or butter and chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Stir after every 30 seconds.
After melted, stir in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. After combined, add the zucchini, flour, and salt and stir to combine.