This chicken salad is one of the best. When berries are in season, mixing them in with a simple chicken salad is a great way to use them. Add in some almonds for crunch and lunch has never been better!
Serve this chicken salad however you like - on toasted bread, atop of lettuce, or even by itself!
Berry Almond Chicken Salad
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked & cubed
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries, washed & dried
- 1/3 cup fresh blackberries, washed & dried
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- salt & pepper, to taste
- lettuce, bread, wraps... for serving
Add the mayo, greek yogurt, onion, celery, orange juice, orange zest, and salt & pepper to a bowl. Stir to combine. Stir in chicken, almonds, and berries. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed. Refrigerate until cold.