Fresh and healthy, this Greek Hummus Dip is the perfect dish to bring to a party!
I made homemade pita chips that were extremely easy. I made Mel's Kitchen Cafe recipe for Homemade Flatbread. After allowing the bread to cool completely, I cut the flatbread into triangles and brushed them with oil. After sprinkling the triangles with salt and oregano, I baked them at 400 F until crisped, about 8 minutes. For the carrot chips, I just peeled & washed large whole carrots. Then using a mandoline, I sliced them about 1/4' thick. You can also buy carrot slices at the grocery store. They're usually slices into a crinkle cut.
Greek Hummus Dip
- 1 (17 oz) container traditional hummus (or any variety)
- 1 medium cucumber, diced (peeled if desired)
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoncini or banana peppers, drained
- 1 oz feta, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried whole oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt & pepper, to taste
- baked pita chips, carrot chips, sliced bell peppers..., for serving
In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano. Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking. Stir in the cucumber, tomato, red onion, olives, pepperoncini, and feta cheese. Toss to coat and season to taste with salt & pepper. Refrigerate until cold and flavors have melded, about 1 hour or so.