Fresh and healthy, this Garden Vegetable Pasta is perfect for a Summer dinner!
Garden Vegetable PastaInspired by How Sweet Eats
- 8 oz short grain pasta (I used Mezzi Penne)
- 2 ears of corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 heaping cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- scant 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- pasta water
Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta to al dente according to package directions. Reserve about cup of pasta water before draining pasta.
While pasta is cooking, add the butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Add corn, zucchini, red onion, cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and cook until soft, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt & freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir in lemon zest if desired.
Add pasta to the vegetables in the skillet and toss to combine. If the pasta seems a little too dry, add about 1/4 cup pasta water and toss to coat. Add any additional pasta water, as needed, by the 1 tablespoon until desired sauciness. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Pour the mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle with cheeses. Broil until cheese is melted and browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from oven and serve!