Simple and fresh, this Balsamic Roasted Tomato & Peppers Pasta with Chicken Sausage is a easy weeknight dinner option!
There are some dishes that make the whole house smell amazing while cooking. This pasta is one of them. The vegetables roasting with the sausage creates an amazing aroma. Toss in some hot, cooked pasta and dinner is ready!
The is the perfect dish to clean out the fridge with. Any extra vegetables you have in your fridge, throw them in! If you have leftover chicken or steak, add them in too (heated up) when you combine the hot veggies and pasta. Top with some cheese, such as parmesan, for a perfect finish.
Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes & Peppers Pasta with Chicken Sausage
Serves 2, generously
- 1 (8 oz) box short grain pasta (I used Mezze Penne)
- 2 italian chicken sausage links, uncooked
- heaping 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 large bell peppers, sliced (I used leftover peppers from a veggie tray hence the four different colors)
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon white granulated sugar
- salt & pepper
- parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- fresh herbs, for serving (optional)
Preheat the oven to 425 F
Add the vegetables (tomatoes, peppers, onion, and garlic) to a bowl and drizzle with oil, lemon juice, and balsamic. Sprinkle with lemon zest, italian seasoning, sugar, salt, and pepper to taste. Toss to combine and coat completely. Pour the mixture onto a large sheet pan and add the sausage links. Bake until browned and tender, about 30 minutes. Check sausage for doneness and cook longer if needed.
Cook the pasta to al dente according to package directions in salted water. Drain pasta.
With tongs, move the sausages to a cutting board and cut into bite size pieces. Add to a large bowl along with the vegetables and pan juices. Add the hot, cooked pasta and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper if needed and sprinkle with parmesan and herbs. Enjoy!