Everyone's favorite party sandwich gets lightened up with greek yogurt! These taste the same as, if not better than, the original!
By replacing half of the butter with nonfat plain greek yogurt we still get a buttery, crispy topping but with less fat. No one has noticed a difference! Greek yogurt is a great substitute for butter, oil, sour cream... Pretty much any fat can be replaced with greek yogurt.
I served these sandwiches with Our House Salad. A delicious and simple salad with a quick vinaigrette that we enjoy all the time.
Makes 12 sliders
- 1 package Hawaiian dinner rolls
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- about 5 oz sliced turkey or ham
- poppy seed sauce, recipe below
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons nonfat, plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- small pinch salt (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 F
Cut each roll in half and place the bottom rolls on a sheet pan.
Top with turkey or ham. Sprinkle cheese over meat and cover with the roll tops.
In a small saucepan, melt butter until just melted. Do not brown. Whisk in greek yogurt, mustard, brown sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce, dried onion, and poppy seeds until combined.
Pour/brush the butter mixture over the top of rolls. Spread to evenly cover.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until hot, crispy and cheese is melted