With tons of flavor, this Citrus & Brown Sugar Chicken Marinade, is full of delicious ingredients that are probably right in your pantry!
I like to boil the marinade to save as a sauce. If you are uncomfortable with this, just make the marinade again and boil it right away until thickened. It'll only need about 5 minutes or so.
Citrus & Brown Sugar Chicken Marinade
Adapted from AllRecipes
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup marsala cooking wine (I used a salt-free garlic hinted cooking marsala)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried italian seasoning
- red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste (optional, depends on your tastes and type of soy sauce you use)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Add all the ingredients, except chicken, to a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add chicken breasts and cover with plastic wrap.
Refrigerate for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
Remove chicken from marinade (reserve marinade) and dry slightly with a paper towel. Cook as desired (baked, pan seared, grilled, broiled...) until no longer pink.