Sometimes, the simplest recipes are the best. These Dark Chocolate Dipped Clementines only need three ingredients plus any adornments you like!
If you have any extra dark chocolate but no more clementines, try any fresh or frozen fruits you have in your kitchen. We love frozen strawberries and dark cherries especially.
- 4 to 6 clementines, peeled and separated into segments
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (vegan)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- toppings, as desired (optional)
- coarse sea salt
- sprinkles (nonpareil sprinkles add great crunch)
- clementine zest
- toasted coconut flakes
- red pepper flakes
- finely chopped crystallized ginger (not pictured)
- finely chopped nuts (pistachios are especially good; not pictured)
Line a sheet pan with parchment or wax paper. Dry clementine segments gently but thoroughly. Arrange the clementines on the wax paper, then freeze for about 15 minutes, or until very cold and firm.
Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl, add dark chocolate chips and the coconut oil. Heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Remove and stir. If the chocolate isn't melted after stirring, microwave again for 10 seconds intervals, stirring after each 10 seconds, until melted.