Fresh and quick to prepare, these Roasted Lemony Garlic Asparagus are a delicious way to get more vegetables in your diet this Spring!
Asparagus are one of the quickest vegetables to roast. They cook fast and are always perfect. My opinion on roasting vegetables, especially asparagus, is a high temperature and quick roast. I feel like this brings out the sweetness of the vegetable, while still tasting fresh and crisp.
Roasted Lemony Garlic Asparagus
- 1 bunch (1 pound) asparagus, trimmed
- juice of half a small lemon
- about 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste (I like coarse sea salt for this recipe)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 425 F
Lay asparagus in a single layer on a sheet pan.
Drizzle with oil and lemon juice and sprinkle with spices. Shake pan to coat
Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender and lightly crisped.