Full of flavor, there are only 3 tablespoons of butter in this entire recipe!
After months of testing, I finally have what I believe is the best Lightened-Up Garlic Bread!
I have a recipe for Cheesy Garlic Bread that we love. It's delicious and very cheesy. I wanted a recipe that used at least half of the butter but still had a bold cheesy and garlicky flavor. This bread only uses 3 tablespoons of butter but still has a buttery flavor and crispy texture when baked. The greek yogurt is a wonderful substitute for butter, such as in my Lightened-Up Party Sliders.
Lightened-Up Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf italian or french bread
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- 5 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 heaping teaspoon dried italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 F
Mix greek yogurt, butter, parmesan, garlic, and lemon zest, if using, in a bowl. Season with italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.