This Turkey & Ham Chopped Salad with Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing is not only quick to make, it's loved by everyone!
This salad is perfect for those who don't enjoy salad. It's creamy and full of cheese and deli meat. Add whatever else your family likes - chopped, seeded tomatoes, sunflower seeds, chopped bell peppers...
The Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing is delicious for almost any salad. A spinach salad with strawberries and goat cheese would be complimented very well. I wouldn't say it's the healthiest dressing because of the mayo but if you use a mayo with basic ingredients, I think the creaminess is worth it. Of course, if you prefer you can use all greek yogurt but you may have to adjust the seasonings.
Turkey & Ham Chopped Salad
Serves 1 to 2
- 1 large romaine heart, washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped deli ham
- 1/2 cup chopped deli turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped sharp cheddar cheese
- Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing (recipe below)
In a large bowl, add lettuce, ham, turkey, and cheddar cheese. Add dressing, as much as desired, and toss to coat and serve right away.
Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
- 2 tablespoons light mayo
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia granules, or to taste (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients and season to taste.