Perfect for lunch, this Italian Turkey Wrap is easy to make and healthy.
If you're ever in a rut for what to make for lunch for yourself or your family, try a wrap. Wraps are a perfect lunch. They're portable, easy to make, and can be extremely flavorful and fresh.
Roasted red peppers and marinated artichoke hearts are delicious in this wrap too. Of course, a traditional wrap of ham, cheddar, cucumber, iceberg lettuce, and ranch dressing is a delicious combination as well.
Italian Turkey Wrap
- 1 italian flavored low carb, high protein flatbread wrap
- 2-3 thin slices lean turkey
- 3-4 thin slices salami
- 2 thin slices fresh part-skim mozzarella or provolone
- 1/2 cup torn italian blend lettuce, washed and dried
- about 1 tablespoon Italian Vinaigrette, recipe below
In a small bowl, toss lettuce with dressing. Set aside.
In the middle section of the flatbread, place turkey, salami, and mozzarella. On top add dressed lettuce. Roll tightly and slice in half. Serve right away to avoid lettuce wilting.
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan, shredded (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia granules
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste (optional)