Fast and healthy, this Honey-Oat Wheat Quick Bread with Flax Seeds is perfect to eat with dinner!
On those nights when you feel like making a steakhouse style dinner complete with homemade dinner bread, make this quick bread. It pairs perfectly with grilled steak and a salad for a special dinner.
I like to use white whole wheat flour for a milder wheat flavor. I feel the oat and honey flavors come out better this way. Feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
Honey-Oat Wheat Quick Bread with Flax Seeds
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon old fashioned oats, divided
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups milk (almond, cashew, cow...)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons + 1/4 teaspoon milled flax seeds, divided
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
In a blender or food processor, pulse 2 cups oats until a powder-like texture.
In a large bowl, whisk powdered oats, flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 1/2 tablespoons milled flax seeds until combined. Stir in milk, honey, and oil until a batter forms.
Pour batter into loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon oats and 1/4 teaspoon milled flax seeds.