Hot and delicious, this Vegan Hot Chocolate is quick to mix together!
This hot chocolate is pretty low calorie because of the stevia and non-dairy milk, making this perfect for keeping control this season. This recipe doubles easily too if needed.
This recipe is more like drinking chocolate. It's thick and rich and not watery at all. If you'd like a thinner drink, reduce the corn starch by one tablespoon.
Vegan Hot Chocolate
Inspired by EatingWell
- 2 1/4 cups unsweetened, original almond or cashew milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- stevia granules, to taste or 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- vegan marshmallows or whipped coconut cream (optional)
Warm milk gently in a saucepan, over medium-low heat, until warmed.
In a separate saucepan, sift in cocoa powder and corn starch. Whisk to combine. Add stevia or sugar and whisk again. Stir in about 1/2 cup milk and whisk until there are no more lumps. Whisk in remaining milk and heat over medium-low heat and cook until thickened slightly and hot. Strain through a sieve, if desired, and serve.