Caesar salad is one of those classic dishes that never gets old. It's timeless and always good. Caesar salad is also full of fat. The main culprit being the dressing. This recipe uses nonfat greek yogurt instead of egg or mayo and just a little extra virgin olive oil to get the fat content down. Add grilled chicken and thinly shaved fennel for a delicious caesar salad.
Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened, original almond or cashew milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, anchovy paste, and mustard. Stir in remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper, until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.