This Tropical Green Pea Smoothie will bring you right back to Summer year round. A great smoothie for anyone wanting more green foods in their diet!
Frozen green peas are a wonderful addition to smoothies. They help create a creamy, thick texture while adding a little sweetness. I thought a great compliment to the green peas would be those familiar tropical flavors. Mango, pineapple, and coconut water especially compliment the green peas to make this delicious smoothie taste like a Pina Colada!
- 1/2 a banana, frozen
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries, frozen
- 1/4 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 1/4 cup coconut water or water
- large handful baby kale and spinach
In a blender, add greens and coconut water. Blend on low, then high, until smooth.
Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Depending on your blender, you may have to add more water to get your smoothie smooth.