This Quick & Easy Salsa is one of the easiest salsa recipes out there. Make it as spicy or not spicy as you want!
I love that this salsa uses canned tomatoes for a couple reasons. One being price - sometimes canned is a lot cheaper than fresh tomatoes. I figure if it's getting blended up like this any way, might as well! Another reason is I can make this salsa in the dead of winter and it'll still be delicious! This is a great salsa to use in my Easy Chicken Pumpkin Enchilada Casserole!
I usually use one large jalapeno with seeds. It is very hot! Remove the seeds to make it more mild or increase the amount of stevia granules you use.
Update: If you have some on hand, a handful of cherry tomatoes, about 8 or so, adds wonderful freshness to this salsa.
Quick & Easy Salsa
Makes about 2 cups
- 1-14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (I use fire roasted)
- 1-4 oz can green chilies
- juice from 1 small lime
- 1 jalapeno, sliced (remove seeds for a milder salsa)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon stevia granules (stevia drops can be substituted to taste; be careful to not use 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped onion (I use red onion)
- large handful parsley or cilantro
In a food processor, add tomatoes, chilies, garlic, lime juice, jalapeno, stevia, salt, onion, and parsley or cilantro. Pulse to combine until desired consistency.
Store in a sealed jar for up to 1 week in the refrigerator