For those nights when you need dinner on the table quick, recipes like this are hard to beat. Faster than takeout, you and your family will love these noodles.
For the sauce, I use crunchy peanut butter but if you prefer go ahead and use creamy and garnish with chopped peanuts. Doesn't matter, whatever you prefer! Also the saltiness from the dish comes from the soy sauce. Start with 2 tablespoons of soy sauce then work your way up to the desired saltiness you like. For the pasta, whole wheat tastes great and spaghetti squash is a great compliment to the sauce as well.
Peanut Ginger Noodles
Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a side
- 8 oz spaghetti (about half a box)
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey, or to taste (for sweetness)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Boil pasta according to box instructions. Drain and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, brown rice vinegar, ginger, and sesame oil. Add to pasta and toss to combine. Garnish with sesame seeds and chives.