There are many reasons to love juicing:
- Juicing allows your digestive system to rest by quickly absorbing minerals and vitamins in to your bloodstream
- Juicing can help you lose weight and/or maintain a healthy weight
- Juicing is a great way to rid your body of toxins
- It tastes great!
Juicing is a simple way to get lots of vitamins and nutrients first thing in the morning. This green juice is spicy due to the large amount of ginger. One of the most powerful super foods, fresh ginger has many proven benefits. Ginger can help reduce nausea, muscle pain, and stomach pain to name a few. Ginger is also a anti inflammatory and can help improve heart disease risk factors and boost your mood. This juice is not mild, feel free to reduce or even omit the ginger, if you prefer a sweeter juice. The longer it sits, the spicier it gets.
Spicy Green Juice
- 1 medium lemon, halved (not peeled)
- 1 small lime, halved (not peeled)
- 1 large chunk fresh ginger (I don't peel it)
- 6-8 large carrots
- 1 - 13.25oz bag baby kale/spinach mix
- 4 medium apples, quartered
- 2 large cucumbers
Store in a sealed pitcher or jar in the refrigerator for up to about 48 hours.