|Macy, especially, loves these Parsley & Peanut Dog Treats|
Macy & Thelma love these treats. We love that their breath is freshened and the added vitamins & protein they're getting from the peanut butter and parsley. I chose to make small teaspoon-sized treats but feel free to make them larger for bigger dogs.
I store these treats in a large jar, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. These treats also freeze well for up to 2 months.
Makes about 55-60 small dog treats
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, chunky
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, original cashew or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- coconut oil, for greasing pan
In a bowl, add peanut butter, applesauce, milk, and parsley and whisk until combined.
Fold in oats, flour, and baking soda until combined.
Lightly brush sheet pan with coconut oil.
Portion out dough in one teaspoons. They can be close together as they don't spread much.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Please consult your vet before adding anything new to your dog's diet and any possible allergies your dog might have.
These treats have been approved by my vet but please use your own vet's guidance in regards to your pet.
Check with your vet before giving parsley to a pregnant dog.